Women's Soccer vs. Wellesley
Tuesday, October 29 | 3 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 20-19-8 all-time against Wellesley in a series that dates back to 1982.
• The Beavers have gone 6-2-2 against the Blue since 2010.
• Since 2004, eight of the 17 matches between the teams have been decided in overtime.
• Jessica Fernandes '19 scored 49 seconds before halftime and senior Maggie McCabe tacked on an insurance marker in the 86th minute as Babson defeated the Blue, 2-0, on October 23, 2018, in Wellesley.
• Senior Olivia Reckley and sophomore Eleanor Mallett combined to make four saves for Wellesley, which was outshot 13-1 in the match.
• Sophomore Kayla Salmon did not have to make a save for the Beavers to record her first career clean sheet.
SCOUTING THE BLUE
• Wellesley (4-11-1, 1-7-1 NEWMAC) snapped a six-game losing streak with a 1-1 2OT draw at WPI on Saturday.
• Senior Deyanira Ibarra scored in the seventh minute and Reckley made a career-high 16 saves for the Blue, which also had defenders clear two other WPI scoring chances out of danger.
• First-year Thea Feldgoise (7-5-19) is tied for eighth in the conference in scoring, classmate Eliza Roy has contributed four goals and two assists for 10 points, and Ibarra (3-0-6) scored the team's first goal in six matches on Saturday.
• Reckley has gone 4-9-1 with a 2.86 goals against average and a .746 save percentage in 14 starts on the year.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (6-8-2, 2-4-2 NEWMAC) played to a 1-1 2OT draw with Emerson on Saturday at home.
• First-year Caitlin Trott scored her first career goal 37 seconds into the match and classmate Morgan Fedosiewich made four saves for the Beavers.
• Sophomore Sydney McLaughlin (4-1-9) is tied for seventh in goals in conference play, McCabe (1-5-7) is tied for eighth in the NEWMAC in assists, and junior Addie Lalor (2-0-4) is tied for the team lead with a pair of game-winning goals.
• Fedosiewich has started all 16 games and ranks second in the league in saves (123), save percentage (.854) and shutouts (6) to go along with a 1.28 goals against average.
WIN AND YOU'RE IN
• Entering the final week of the regular season, Babson sits a point ahead of Clark and two points clear of Smith for the seventh and final NEWMAC Tournament spot.
• The Beavers are assured of making the conference playoffs with victories over Wellesley and Mount Holyoke in their final two matches.
MOVING UP THE CHARTS
• McCabe recorded her fifth helper of the year on Trott's goal against Emerson, and is now tied for 10th on Babson's career list with 15 assists.
DEFENDING HOME TURF
• Babson has conceded just seven goals in nine home matches this fall, and has recorded five of its six shutouts at Hartwell-Rogers Field.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 6-0-1 this season when scoring the first goal of the match.