Women's Soccer at Mount Holyoke
Saturday, November 2 | 1 p.m.
MHC Outdoor Fields | South Hadley, Mass.
• Babson is 27-10-1 all-time against Mount Holyoke in a series that dates back to 1982.
• The Beavers are 6-0-1 in seven meetings against the Lyons while conceding just three goals going back to 2013.
• Babson is 2-1-1 in its last four trips to South Hadley, Mass., which includes scoring twice over the final 6:01 to pull out a 2-1 win back in 2017.
• Jessica Fernandes '19 scored twice in a span of just over 10 minutes and Jessica DeLuca '19 followed with a penalty kick in the 80th minute as the Beavers erased a one-goal halftime deficit to defeat Mount Holyoke, 3-1, on October 26, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Dale Leonhart put the Lyons in front 1-0 with a 30-yard strike in the 27th minute.
• Amanda Manaster made 18 saves for Mount Holyoke, which got outshot 32-5.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Mount Holyoke (2-15-1, 0-9-0 NEWMAC) has dropped 10 straight games after suffering a 2-1 loss at Smith on Tuesday.
• Sophomore Brianna Thompson made 15 saves and first-year Zoraida Ibarra notched a 57th-minute goal for the Lyons, who scored their first goal since September 28 while getting outshot 38-2.
• Seniors Minerva Veeser-Bobea (5-0-10) and McKenna Lamb (3-0-6) have combined to score eight of the team's 15 goals, while classmate Hannah Finn-Erb leads the squad with four assists.
• Junior goalkeeper Maria-Lucia Delgado leads the conference with 131 saves and owns a 4.26 goals against average in 14 starts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (7-8-2, 3-4-2 NEWMAC) is unbeaten over its last two matches and is coming off a 3-1 win over Wellesley on Tuesday.
• Senior Maya King, junior Addie Lalor and first-year Maria Colon Figueroa all scored for the Beavers, who took the lead for good in the 62nd minute.
• Sophomore Sydney McLaughlin (4-1-9) has scored all four of her goals in league play, senior Maggie McCabe (1-5-7) is first on the team in assists, and Lalor (3-0-6) has notched a pair of game-winning markers.
• First-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich ranks second in the conference in saves (129) and save percentage (.854), and owns a 1.26 goals against average and six shutouts in 17 starts.
WIN AND YOU'RE IN
• Entering Saturday's regular season finale, the Beavers are assured of clinching the seventh and final NEWMAC playoff spot with a victory.
• With a tie or loss against the Lyons, Babson would need Clark and Smith to finish in a draw and for Coast Guard to finish ahead of Emerson in the standings to secure a spot in next week's tournament.
99 AND COUNTING...
• Head coach Nellie Pineault picked up the 99th win of her career on Tuesday against Wellesley, and is looking to become just the second coach in program history to reach 100 victories on Saturday.
• Colon Figueroa and King, who gave the Green and White the lead with her 62nd-minute header against Wellesley, both recorded the first goals of their respective collegiate careers on Tuesday.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 4-0-1 this season and are unbeaten over their last 37 matches when leading at halftime.