NEWMAC Tournament Semifinal
Women's Soccer at WPI
Thursday, November 7 | 7 p.m.
Alumni Stadium | Worcester, Mass.
• Babson is 13-10-3 all-time against WPI in a series that dates back to 1995.
• The Beavers have dropped two straight meetings, both by a single goal, on the heels of four consecutive wins against the Engineers.
• The Green and White is 5-3-2 since 2010 against WPI with all of the wins coming by a single goal.
• Babson and WPI have never met in the conference playoffs during the NEWMAC era, which dates back to 1998.
• The Beavers did defeat the Engineers in the NEW 8 quarterfinals back in 1997 in the only postseason meeting between the sides.
• Senior Kristen McCrea's ninth-minute tally was the difference as WPI edged Babson, 1-0, on October 2 in Worcester.
• First-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich finished with seven saves for the Beavers, who were outshot 17-7 in the match.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
• Third-seeded WPI (15-4-1, 6-3-1 NEWMAC) advanced to the league semifinals for the first time since 2016 with a 4-0 win over sixth-seeded Wheaton on Tuesday.
• Senior Lauren Kaija scored twice in the first half and Annika Keack tacked on a pair of second-half markers for the Engineers, who have lost just once of their last seven matches.
• McCrea (13-3-29) is tied for second in the league in goals and third in points, junior Leah Beauton (12-1-25) has five multi-goal games on the year, and classmate Sofia Orrico (6-5-17) leads the team in assists.
• Senior goalkeeper Mandy St. Germain has made 20 starts posting a 0.69 goals against average and a .857 save percentage to go along with six solo shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Seventh-seeded Babson (9-8-2, 4-4-2 NEWMAC) advanced to the conference semifinals for the sixth time in eight years with a 2-1 win at second-seeded Coast Guard.
• Sophomore Katie Korzec scored a pair of goals and classmate Kate Ryan picked up two assists for the Beavers, who have won three straight games and are unbeaten over their last four matches.
• Sophomore McLaughlin (5-1-11) and junior Addie Lalor (3-0-6) have collected two game-winning goals apiece, while senior Maggie McCabe (2-5-9) leads the team in assists .
• Fedosiewich has started all 19 games and owns a 1.20 goals against average and a .854 save percentage to go along with six shutouts.
LUCKY NO. 7
• With Tuesday's victory, the Beavers became the league's first seven seed to advance to the semifinals since 2007 when Wellesley got past Springfield in penalty kicks after playing to a 3-3 2OT draw.
• Babson's win was the first by a team seeded seventh in the NEWMAC Tournament since 2004 when Clark defeated WPI.
BEAVERS IN THE POSTSEASON
• Babson is making its 34th straight conference tournament appearance, which dates back to the formation of the NEW 6 Conference in 1987.
• The Beavers are 8-7-3 all-time in the semifinal round and are seeking their first NEWMAC Tournament final appearance since 2015.
PINEAULT REACHES CENTURY MARK
• Tenth-year head coach Nellie Pineault MBA '03 recorded the 100th victory of her career on Saturday against Mount Holyoke.
• She owns a 101-65-29 career mark and is one of two head coaches in program history to reach the 100-win milestone.
TURNING IT AROUND ON THE ROAD
• After struggling on the road in the early part of the season the Green and White has won its last three games away from home while outscoring its opponents 10-2.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are unbeaten this season (9-0-1) when scoring the first goal of the match.