Softball at Clark
Sunday, March 24 | 4:30/6:30 p.m.
WPI Rooftop Field | Worcester, Mass.
• Babson holds a 33-19 edge in a series that dates back to 1996 and has won 15 straight games against Clark going back to 2012.
• Senior Ashley Tango and sophomore Jamie Hoffman both doubled twice and combined to drive in five runs as the Beavers completed a sweep of Clark with an 18-6 victory in the second game of a doubleheader on April 10, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Junior Kayla Schinik also finished with three RBI for Babson, which won the opening game of the twin bill 3-1 behind 10 strikeouts from Ali Reilly '18.
LAST CLARK WIN
• The Beavers rallied for a pair of runs in the seventh inning but it wasn't enough as the Cougars held off the Green and White, 4-3, to sweep both games of a doubleheader on April 3, 2011, in Babson Park.
• Shawna Amatucci doubled and hit a two-run homer for Clark, while Jackie Enos '13 finished with three hits and scored a pair of runs for Babson.
SCOUTING THE COUGARS
• Clark (5-5, 0-0 NEWMAC) has dropped three of its last four games after suffering a 5-4 loss to Kenyon in Fort Myers, Fla., back on March 6.
• Sophomore JC Urella went 3-for-3 with a double and an RBI for the Cougars, who scored three times over the final two innings.
• Urella is batting .514 with five doubles, a triple and 10 runs batted in, first-year Kylie McCabe is hitting .407 with two doubles and five RBI, and classmate Jessica Martin has gone 10-for-29 (.345) at the plate with two doubles and six RBI.
• Junior Sarah Woods is 1-2 with a 1.11 ERA in 19.0 innings, while sophomore Isabella DiOrio is 3-2 with a 4.70 ERA in 22.1 innings pitched.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-6, 0-0 NEWMAC) wrapped up its trip to Florida with a 9-1 win over Oswego on Thursday afternoon.
• Schinik singled four times and scored twice, while senior Josephine Mares went 3-for-3 with a double and three RBI to lead the Beavers' 14-hit attack.
• Tango is batting .441 with four doubles, a triple and seven runs batted in, junior Jacqueline Paul is hitting .379 with four doubles and four RBI, and Mares has raised her average to .370 to go along with two extra-base hits, three RBI and seven runs scored.
• Junior Brooke Stock is 2-2 with a 4.10 ERA in 29.0 innings, while classmate Katie Gademsky is 2-3 with a 5.44 earned run average in 27.0 innings pitched.
SUCCESS AT THE TOP AGAINST THE COUGARS
• Mares and Tango, who have occupied the top two spots in Babson's order in five straight games, have combined to hit .395 with four doubles, nine runs scored and 10 RBI in six career games against Clark.
NEWMAC COACHES MAKE THEIR PICKS
• Following a second consecutive trip to the conference tournament final last spring, Babson collected three first-place votes and came in second in the league's preseason poll back in late February.
• The Green and White, which came in third last season after tying for third in 2017, last finished second in 2013.
MOVING UP THE CHARTS
• With her 10th career triple against NYU on Wednesday, Mares pulled into a tie for second place on the program's all-time list alongside Jackie Enos '13.
• Tango is currently tied for eighth place in school history in both doubles (34) and runs batted in (83).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 4-1 this season when leading after four innings.