Softball vs. Smith | Friday, April 5 | 3 p.m. | Alumni Field
Softball at WPI | Saturday, April 6 | 12 p.m. | Rooftop Field
Babson vs. Smith
• The Beavers are 30-31 all-time against the Pioneers in a series that dates back to 1988, and have won 18 of the last 22 meetings between the programs.
• The Green and White has not hosted Smith at Alumni Field since 2013.
• Babson finished with 16 hits in both ends of last year's doubleheader and got a complete-game shutout from junior Katie Gademsky in the nightcap to sweep the Pioneers with 14-4 and 9-0 victories.
Babson vs. WPI
• The Beavers are 32-35 all-time against the Engineers in a series that dates back to 1989.
• The teams have split their last 10 meetings going back to 2016.
• Babson has gone 8-1 at Rooftop Field, which includes a 3-0 mark against WPI, since 2017.
SCOUTING THE PIONEERS
• Smith (6-12, 1-5 NEWMAC) finished off a sweep of Westfield State with an 11-7 victory on Tuesday.
• Senior Alyssa Pioggia had three RBI in each game and sophomore Jocelyn Esquer went 3-for-4 with two RBI and three runs scored in the nightcap for the Pioneers, who pounded out 23 hits in the twin bill against the Owls.
• Junior Makena Wagner is batting .407 with six doubles and six runs batted in, first-year Eryn Lee is hitting .400 with a double, a homer and eight runs batted in, and Pioggia leads the team with 14 runs scored to go along with a .357 average, five doubles and 10 runs batted in.
• Senior Jessica Flohr is 4-3 with a 4.25 ERA in 51.0 innings, while Wagner has gone 2-1 with a 6.28 ERA in 12 appearances this spring.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
• WPI (16-6, 6-0 NEWMAC) has won six consecutive games and finished off a sweep of Worcester State with an 8-0 victory on Wednesday.
• Caroline Wood and Lindsay Ambrosino drove in two runs apiece and Nicole Kuberka and Abigail O'Connor combined on a three-hit shutout for the Engineers.
• Wood is batting .408 with eight doubles, five home runs and 30 runs batted in, Kuberka is hitting .390 with four doubles and 17 RBI, and sophomore Marissa Gonzeles enters the weekend with a .361 average to go along with five extra-base hits, 12 RBI and 20 runs scored.
• Junior Mackenzie Philipps is 9-2 with a 1.99 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 56.1 innings, while sophomore Katie Martin (4-1) boasts a 1.65 ERA and has fanned 45 over 46.2 innings this spring.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (8-8, 4-2 NEWMAC) followed up a 10-2 win in the opener by dropping game two of last Saturday's doubleheader to Wellesley, 7-2.
• Sophomore Jamie Hoffman had two hits and first-year Isabel Aguilar drove in a run for the Beavers, who were limited to just seven hits in the loss.
• Hoffman is batting .432 with two extra-base hits and eight runs batted in, senior Josephine Mares is hitting .404 with three extra-base hits and 13 runs scored, and Aguilar enters the weekend with a .375 average to go along with two doubles, a homer and 12 RBI.
• Junior Brooke Stock is 5-3 with a 2.77 ERA and 50 strikeouts in 53.0 innings, while Gademsky has gone 3-4 with a 4.80 ERA in eight appearances.
AMONG THE NEWMAC's BEST
• Through its first six conference games the Green and White ranks first in strikeouts per seven innings (7.54) and WHIP (1.05), and is second in the league with a 1.97 ERA.
• Offensively, the Beavers rank second in batting average (.329), third in OBP (.388) and fourth with 29 runs scored.
PAST SUCCESS AGAINST SMITH
• In four career games against the Pioneers junior Jacqueline Paul is 6-for-13 (.461) with two doubles, a home run, four RBI and four runs scored, while classmate Kayla Schinik is batting .333 (5-for-15) with two doubles and five runs scored.
NUMBERS TO KNOW AGAINST THE ENGINEERS
• Stock is 4-1 with a 1.14 ERA and 38 strikeouts over 36.2 innings pitched in her career against WPI. Her success against the Engineers includes a 3-0 mark in games played at Rooftop Field.
• Senior Ashley Tango is batting .455 (15-for-33) with five doubles, a homer and five RBI in 10 career games versus WPI.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are 33-4 since the start of last season when scoring three or more runs.