Softball vs. Endicott
Wednesday, April 24 | 3/5 p.m.
Alumni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Endicott will meet for the 20th and 21st times on Wednesday in a series that dates back to 2002. The Beavers are 10-9 all-time against the Gulls and have won the last five matchups between the programs.
• Senior Ashley Tango went 4-for-4 with five RBI to help the Beavers defeat Endicott, 8-1, on April 17, 2016, in Babson Park.
• Caitie Benoit '16 went 3-for-4 with an RBI and senior Josephine Mares singled and scored twice for Babson. Senior Jamie Hopgood went 2-for-2 at the plate for the Gulls.
LAST ENDICOTT WIN
• Mattie Brett came through with a two-run double as part of a five-run sixth inning, as the Gulls completed a sweep of Babson with an 11-7 victory in the second game of a doubleheader on April 15, 2011, in Beverly, Mass.
• Jennie Lacolla finished 4-for-4 with four RBI and two runs scored for Endicott, while Jackie Enos '13 went 3-for-4 with two runs scored for the Beavers.
SCOUTING THE GULLS
• Endicott (26-4) has won 15 straight games after finishing off a road sweep of Nichols with an 11-2 victory in game two on Tuesday.
• Hopgood homered and drove in two runs, junior Peyton Atkins tripled and had three RBI, and senior Gina DeMilt went 3-for-5 with two RBI and three runs scored for the Gulls.
• DeMilt is batting .436 with 15 extra-base hits, 32 runs scored and 25 runs batted in, first-year Lauren Misiaszek is hitting .370 with nine doubles and 29 RBI, and Hopgood enters the day with a .327 average to go along with 10 doubles, six homers and 30 runs driven in.
• Junior Maggie Oram is 10-1 with a 2.13 ERA and 72 strikeouts in 79.0 innings, while senior Laura Somerville (8-1) boasts a 1.18 ERA in 11 appearances.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (19-11, 12-4 NEWMAC) has won seven of its last eight games and is coming off a 4-1 victory over Springfield in game two of last Friday's doubleheader.
• First-year Isabel Aguilar went 2-for-3 with a triple, Mares drove in a run, and junior Katie Gademsky tossed a complete-game five hitter for the Beavers.
• Mares is batting .444 with eight extra-base hits, 16 runs batted in and 31 runs scored, junior Jacqueline Paul is hitting .407 with 11 doubles, a homer and 25 RBI, and Tango enters the day at .357 with seven doubles, four triples and 16 runs driven in.
• Junior Brooke Stock is 9-6 with a 2.52 ERA and a league-best 104 strikeouts in 100.0 innings, while Gademsky (10-4) has won eight straight decisions and owns a 3.57 ERA in 70.2 innings of work.
• The Green and White debuted at No.5 and Endicott came in eighth when the NCAA released its first regional rankings last Thursday.
• One of just two NEWMAC squads in the 11-team poll, the Beavers were behind Tufts, Brandeis, MIT and Bowdoin.
• The Beavers are 3-5 against teams that appeared in the initial regional rankings, which includes wins over MIT, Tufts and NYU, the top-ranked team in the Northeast region.
MOVING UP THE CHARTS
• Tango ranks sixth in Babson history in both hits (166) and runs batted in (92), is tied for seventh in doubles (37) and is eighth in total bases (233).
• Mares is tied for second in triples (10), fourth in runs scored (117), sixth in walks (60) and ranks ninth in hits (163).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are batting .392 and averaging 7.92 runs in 12 home games this spring.