Softball vs. UMass Boston
Saturday, April 27 | 12 p.m.
Alumni Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and UMass Boston will meet for the 24th and 25th times on Saturday in a series that dates back to 1987. The Beavers are 15-8 all-time aginst the Beacons and have won six straight games in the series since 2014.
• Senior Ashley Tango went 1-for-2 with a double and two RBI and junior Brook Stock tossed a two-hit shutout as Babson wrapped up a doubleheader sweep wth an 8-0 five-inning win over UMass Boston on March 28, 2018, in Boston.
• Juniors Jacqueline Paul and Tori Roche both drove in a run and scored for the Beavers. Junior Jess Greenspan allowed just two earned runs for the Beacons, who made five errors in the loss.
LAST UMASS BOSTON WIN
• Sue Killilea went 3-for-4 at the plate and scored twice as the Beacons took advantage of five unearned runs in a 6-3 win over Babson on March 13, 2011, in Clermont, Fla.
• Caitie Funk '13 was 3-for-3 with a double and two runs scored for the Beavers, who made four errors in the loss.
SCOUTING THE BEACONS
• UMass Boston (21-16) has dropped two straight and four of its last five games overall after suffering an 8-3 loss to Southern Maine in the back end of a doubleheader on Thursday.
• Junior Kiera Prusmack went 2-for-4 with an RBI and classmate Giovanna Bonilla singled and scored twice in the loss for the Beacons.
• Senior Roxanne Vento is batting .421 with 16 extra-base hits and 34 runs batted in, Bonilla is hitting .410 with two doubles, 11 RBI and 30 runs scored, and junior Ari Bilotta boasts a .398 average to go along with eight doubles and 20 runs driven in.
• Greenspan is 14-7 with a 3.08 ERA in 136.1 innings pitched, while first-year Hayley Catania has gone 7-7 with a 3.53 ERA in 101.0 innings this spring.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (21-13) finished off a sweep of Coast Guard with a 7-0 victory in the nightcap on Thursday afternoon.
• Tango hit a two-run homer, Paul finished with two hits and two RBI, and junior Katie Gademsky fired a five-hit shutout for the Beavers, who recorded 13 hits against the Bears.
• Senior Josephine Mares is batting .453 with eight extra-base hits, 17 runs batted in and 33 runs scored, junior Kayla Schinik is hitting .394 with one double and nine RBI, and Paul boasts a .391 average to go along with 12 doubles, a homer and 27 runs driven in.
• Stock is 10-7 with a 2.79 ERA and 118 strikeouts in 110.1 innings, while Gademsky (11-5) has won nine of her last 10 decisions and owns a 3.25 ERA in 88.1 innings of work.
• The Beavers' senior class of Mares, Tango, Alex Corrigan and Allison King will play their final regular season home doubleheader at Alumni Field on Saturday.
• The quartet helped the Beavers capture their first NEWMAC Tournament championship in more than a decade two years ago on the way to making the program's first NCAA Tournament Super Regionals appearance. They also helped the Green and White set a new record with 14 league wins this spring, and have ammassed 109 wins over the last four seasons.
• Babson slipped to seventh in the latest NCAA regional rankings, which were released on Thursday.
• The Beavers are 4-8 against regionally-ranked opponents, a record that includes wins over Tufts, MIT and WPI, all of which are ahead of the Green and White in the rankings.
MOVING UP THE CHARTS
• Tango ranks fifth in Babson history in runs batted in (96) and total bases (242), sixth in hits (172), and is tied for seventh in doubles (37).
• Mares is tied for second in triples (10), ranks fourth in runs scored (119) and walks (62), and is seventh in school history in hits (166).
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• The Beavers are batting .350 and averaging 6.78 runs per game in the month of April.