Swimming & Diving at UMass Dartmouth
Friday, October 25 | 4 p.m.
Tripp Athletic Center Natatorium| Dartmouth, Mass.
• The Beavers will face UMass Dartmouth for the 22nd consecutive season on Friday afternoon.
• The Babson men are 20-1 against the Corsairs with 13 straight victories.
• The Babson women are 10-11 against the Corsairs and picked up their first victory in the series since 2013 last season.
• The Babson men recorded a dominating 181-103 victory, while the women's squad won 11 of 16 events to defeat UMass Dartmouth, 153-115, on October 27, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Sophomore Aaron Huynh set a new school record in the men's 50 backstroke and recorded victories in both the 50- and 100-yard freestyle events in his collegiate debut for the Beavers.
• Sophomore Abigail Voce touched the wall first in the 50 and 100 free and classmate Elizabeth Demoine won the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke events to lead the Babson women.
SCOUTING THE CORSARIS
• The UMass Dartmouth women opened the 2019-20 season with a second-place finish at the Roger Williams Invitational last Saturday.
• Sophomore Maddie Kovach came in third in the 200 IM and 100 backstroke and first-year Morgan Beebe added a third-place result in the 100 butterfly for the Corsairs.
• The UMass Dartmouth men finished third out of six teams at the Roger Williams Invitational.
• Junior Cameron DiBenedetto was the team's top individual finisher, posting a fourth-place result in the 100 backstroke. The Corsairs finished third in the 200 free, 400 free and 200 medley relays.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• The Babson women bring back six swimmers from a team that went 8-9 in dual meets and finished seventh at the NEWMAC Championships last winter.
• Voce broke senior Tirza Rentovich's school record in the 100 free on the way to finish 10th at the league meet, and was part of three school records in the relays along with Demoine and junior Celine Nie.
• The Babson men went 9-4 in dual-meet action last season and came in fourth at the conference championships for the first time since 2012.
• Senior Alex Damiecki set three of his four program records at the NEWMAC Championships and Huynh set a pair of new school marks while recording three top-10 finishes at the league meet.
ONE LAST LOOK BACK
• Both Babson's men's and women's squads ended on a high note last year. The men totaled their most points () at the conference meet since 2014, while the women's squad's 272 points were their most since 2005.
• The Beavers combined to set new program records in a total of 15 events during the 2018-19 campaign, which includes nine individual marks.
PUTTING THEIR MARK ON THE RECORD BOOKS
• Junior Lachlan Dibbayawan broke the program mark in the 100-yard breaststroke, while classmate Taras Polakoff set new records in both the 100- and 200-yard backstroke.
• The duo also teamed to help the Green and White break another record in the 400 medley relay.
TESTING THE WATERS
• The Beavers have 12 first-year swimmers hailing from eight US states and Switzerland set to make their collegiate debut on Friday.