Women's Tennis vs. Smith
Tuesday, April 2 | 4 p.m.
Babson Tennis Complex | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson and Smith will meet for the 31st time on Tuesday in a series that dates back to 1989. The Beavers are 15-15 all-time against the Pioneers and have won 11 straight matches in the series.
• Junior Emily Roeper and sophomores Carolina Merz and Alexa Tutecky were three of five players to earn points in both singles and doubles as Babson blanked Smith, 9-0, on April 3, 2018, in Northampton, Mass.
• The Beavers won 8-0 at both second and third doubles and claimed all six singles matches in straight sets.
LAST SMITH WIN
• The Pioneers outlasted Babson, 5-4, in a NEWMAC Tournament quarterfinal match on October 28, 2006, in Norton, Mass.
SCOUTING THE PIONEERS
• Smith (0-7, 0-2 NEWMAC) has dropped 21 straight matches and is coming off a 9-0 setback at Wellesley on Saturday.
• The closest match of the day came at number four singles where Yeni Li dropped a 6-0, 6-3 decision.
• First-year Elsa Hillis has won twice in singles play and is the lone player on the roster with a win on the year for the Pioneers, who have been swept in five of their seven losses.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (5-4, 2-0 NEWMAC) has won three of its last four matches and is coming off a 9-0 victory at Springfield on Saturday.
• Merz and sophomore Marissa Madison won 8-0 at number one doubles and senior Alexandra Blizard earned her first victory of the season at number three doubles to go along with a straight-set triumph at number six singles for the Beavers.
• Merz (8-3) and Madison (8-4) lead the team in singles wins, while Tutecky has gone 6-2 this spring at number one.
• Tutecky and sophomore Nastasia Tamarkin are 5-2 at first doubles, while Madison and Merz have gone 4-1 at number two.
STREAKING IN SINGLES
• Madison and first-year Mary Kille both enter the week riding three-match winning streaks in singles play.
• Madison went 2-0 at number and rallied for a three-set victory at number three against Springfield, while Kille won twice at number six and posted a 7-5, 7-5 triumph at number five on Saturday against the Pride.
• The Green and White closes out the regular season by playing six of its final eight matches at home beginning on Tuesday. Included in this stretch are key NEWMAC contests against Wellesley (April 9) and 17th-ranked MIT (April 23) at the Babson Tennis Complex.