Track & Field at the Ross & Sharon Irwin Collegiate Meet
Saturday, March 16 | 9 a.m.
Point Loma Track & Field Complex | Point Loma, Calif.
• For the first time in program history, the Babson College men's and women's track & field will send 14 individuals to Point Loma, Calif., to begin the 2019 season on Saturday morning at the Ross & Sharon Irwin Collegiate Meet.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• The Babson men enter the 2019 season with 10 returners from a team that placed fifth at the conference meet.
• The Green and White combined to set five school records during the 2018 season, and seven of their 10 returners enter the 2019 campaign holding either an individual school record or are part of a program mark in a relay.
• The Babson women return 11 athletes from a squad that placed eighth at the conference meet last season.
• The Beavers broke a pair of school-records and qualified six individual for the NCAA New England Champions.
THE MEET MANIFEST
First-year Colin Cianciolo - 800m
First-year Colin Regan - 3k steeple
Sophomore Ethan Kohanik- 400m hurdles
Junior Samir Arora- 1500m, 800m
Junior Nicholas Virkler- 800m
Junior Sean Haney -100m, 200m
Junior Sean Rezendes – High jump, Long Jump
Senior Sayin Shute – 100m, 200m
Senior Matthew Dynan – 1500m, 800m
First-year Katherine Jacobs- 100m hurdles, 400m hurdles
Sophomore Emma Cavanaugh - 5,000m
Junior Stephanie Rodriguez – 1500m, 800m
Senior Angelina Raffone- 100m, 200m
Senior Chaela Hood- 10,000m
THE CONFERENCE RETURNING CHAMPION
• Raffone is coming off a remarkable 2018 season that saw her set two school records, finish first in the 100-meter dash at the NEWMAC Championships, and earn all-region honors at the NCAA New England meet.
• The Green and White was picked to finish sixth in the men's NEWMAC preseason coaches' poll, while the women's squad came in eighth.
ROOKIES ARE READY
• Head coach Russ Brennen has 11 first-year competitors on the women's squad and eight on the men's team that are set to make their collegiate debuts over the next two Saturdays.
WHAT'S UP NEXT
• The Beavers make their full team debut at Bridgewater State on March 23 and will compete over six consecutive weekends leading up to the NEWMAC Championships on April 27.