Women's Volleyball Tri-Match
Babson vs. Mount Holyoke, 11 a.m.
Babson vs. Worcester State, 3 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson will wrap up the regular season with a tri-match against Mount Holyoke and Worcester State on Saturday.
vs. Mount Holyoke
• The Beavers are 16-16 all-time against the Lyons in a series that dates back in a series that dates back to 1988.
• Babson has won seven in a row and 11 of its last 12 matches in the series going back to 2006.
vs. Worcester State
• The Beavers are 12-0 all-time against the Lancers although the programs have met just once since 1995. The Green and White defeated Worcester State in three sets back in 2012.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Mount Holyoke (8-13, 1-8 NEWMAC) is coming off a 3-1 victory over Smith on Tuesday.
• Senior Jamesa Allen and junior Sasha Simine both had 13 kills for the Lyons, who hit .227 after dropping the opening set.
• Allen is averaging 2.61 kills, Simine is hitting .318 and contributing 2.57 kills, and senior Sarah Caggiano is putting away 2.14 kills per set.
• Sophomore Brayden Walden is dishing out 7.10 assists, while senior Cameron Graham leads the team with 4.18 digs per set.
SCOUTING THE LANCERS
• Worcester State (18-9) has won three straight matches after easing past Anna Maria, 3-0, on Tuesday.
• Junior Stephanie Chapin had nine kills and first-year Natalie Gillis added six for a balanced Lancers' attack.
• Senior Amari King is averaging 3.13 kills and 3.27 digs, senior Emily Carens is contributing 2.73 digs, and Chapin is putting away 2.18 kills per set to go along with a team-high 47 blocks.
• Senior Allie Nolan is dishing out 9.83 assists, while classmate Megan Leavens is averaging a team-high 4.73 digs.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (18-8, 7-2 NEWMAC) has dropped three straight matches after suffering a five-set loss at Wellesley on Tuesday.
• Sophomore Allie Puccio had 15 kills, while junior Kristin Carosotto and sophomore Gaby Miller added 11 kills apiece for the Beavers, who hit just .106.
• Puccio ranks sixth in the conference in kills per set (3.17), Roseen is averaging 2.38 kills, and sophomore Kristin Carosotto is contributing 2.37 kills and ranks second in the NEWMAC in blocks (1.10).
• Cameron is dishing out 9.11 assists and Beecher is averaging a league-best 4.53 digs per set.
CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT PRIMER
• Tuesday's loss at Wellesley means that the Beavers need a win over Mount Holyoke to lock up the third seed and a home quarterfinal match when the NEWMAC Tournament gets underway on Tuesday.
• Babson could slip to the fourth seed with a loss against the Lyons, and needs both MIT and Springfield to lose to grab a share of the league's regular season title.
HONORING THE SENIORS
• Prior to Saturday's first match, the Green and White will honor its senior class of Beecher, Roosen, Lauren Hennigan and Catherine Hunter.
• The group has helped the Beavers to an 86-40 record since 2015, and was a part of the program's historic run to the NCAA Tournament Potsdam Regional Final last November.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
• With two victories on Saturday, the Beavers would reach 20 wins for the fifth time in the last seven seasons.