No. 21 Women's Volleyball Tri-Match
Saturday, September 21 | vs. Clark, 11 a.m. | vs. Kean, 3 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• No. 21 Babson, which is off to its best start since 1992, welcomes Clark and Kean to Staake Gymnasium for a tri-match on Saturday as part of the Back To Babson Centennial Celebration. The Beavers host Clark at 11 a.m. in a NEWMAC match and will face Kean to conclude the day at 3 p.m.
• Babson is 15-20 all-time against Clark in a series that dates back to 1977.
• The Beavers have won two straight in the series, which includes a four-set (25-17, 25-19, 14-25, 25-15) triumph over the Cougars in Worcester last September.
• Babson is 1-0 all-time against Kean after taking the final two sets in a 3-1 victory over the Cougars at the UMass Boston Tournament back in 2010.
• No. 21 Babson (9-0, 1-0 NEWMAC) extended its unbeaten start with an easy 3-0 win at Simmons on Thursday night.
• Junior Allie Puccio had 14 kills against just one error and classmate Cassidy Witten recorded a season-high 11 digs for the Green and White, which hit .340 as a team.
• Puccio ranks fourth in the NEWMAC putting away 3.65 kills per set, first-year Jordan Lapins (2.56 k/s) boasts a .298 hitting percentage, and senior Kristin Carosotto is contributing 2.08 kills and 0.88 blocks per set.
• Senior Elizabeth Cameron ranks third in the conference in assists per set (9.46), while sophomore Maddie Malee is averaging a team-high 3.50 digs.
• The Cougars (4-7, 0-1 NEWMAC) have dropped three of their last four matches after suffering a 3-0 loss to Coast Guard on Tuesday night.
• First-year Cameron Gill finished with eight blocks, 10 kills and two blocks for the Cougars, who recorded just 23 kills while hitting .056 in the match.
• Gill is averaging 2.91 kills per set, first-year Claudia Rivera is contributing 2.75 kills, and sophomore Margarita Perez-Maza is putting away 2.04 kills to go along with 1.11 digs.
• Junior Sophia Torino is dishing out 7.03 assists and contributing 3.19 digs, while sophomore Marimo Oka is averaging a league-best 6.57 digs per set.
• The Cougars (8-5) snapped a two-match skid with a five-set victory over Montclair State on Tuesday night.
• First-year Dedona Gaard led five players in double figures with 14 kills and sophomore Cailyn Ross added 12 kills and six blocks for Kean, which rallied from a set down by hitting .355 over the final two games.
• Zoe Strozewski (3.06 k/s, 0.87 b/s) is hitting .380, Jesse Larkin is averaging 2.96 kills and boasts a .351 hitting percentage, and Ross is contributing 1.79 kills per set.
• Brianna Calvano is dishing out 9.37 assists per set, while Kortnee Nelson leads the team with a 4.76 digs per set average.
SUCCESS AGAINST THE COUGARS
• Carosotto has totaled 16 kills in her last two matches against Clark, Cameron is averaging 10.09 assists in three career matches against the Cougars, and juniors Sabrina Lechner and Avery Tronson both recorded five kills in last year's victory in Worcester.
ON A TEAR
• After recording a total of 15 kills over her first three matches, Puccio has put away at least 11 in each of the Beavers' last six contests.
• She is averaging 4.21 kills per set during this stretch while hitting at a .267 clip.
• Babson enters the day having won 23 straight home matches, which is tied for the longest current streak in Division III along with Johns Hopkins.
• The Beavers have won 42 of their last 43 matches inside Staake Gymnasium, and are 78-10 at home during head coach Eric Neely's nine-year tenure.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are hitting .273 as a team on the year, which ranks 10th among Division III programs.