No. 17 Women's Volleyball vs. UMass Dartmouth
Wednesday, September 25 | 6:30 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 8-11 all-time against UMass Dartmouth in a series that dates back to 1980.
• The Beavers have won four of their last five against the Corsairs, although last year's match was the first between the teams since 2012.
• Senior Kristin Carosotto and junior Allie Puccio combined to hit .600 while recording 21 kills as Babson breezed to a three-set sweep (25-11, 25-17, 25-11) of the Corsairs on September 20, 2018, in Dartmouth, Mass.
• Carosotto added six blocks to go along with her 11 kills and current assistant coach Catherine Hunter '18 served up six aces for the Beavers.
• Amanda LaCroix led UMass Dartmouth with five kills and six digs.
SCOUTING THE CORSAIRS
• UMass Dartmouth (3-6) has won two straight matches after blanking Fisher 3-0 on Saturday.
• Senior Nicole Silverman finished with eight kills, 14 digs and six service aces for the Corsairs, who hit a season-best .371 as a team in the victory.
• Silverman is averaging 3.08 kills and 2.75 digs per set, sophomore Mallory Singer is contributing 1.83 kills, and junior Alivia Connors is third on the team in both kills per set (1.63) and blocks per set (0.50).
• Senior Jordan Rittberger and first-year Courtney Carreiro have combined to dish out 8.11 assists, while senior Jillian Sykora leads the team with 4.71 digs per set.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 17 Babson (11-1) had its 11-match winning streak snapped in a four-set loss at Emerson on Tuesday night.
• Puccio led all players with 19 kills and senior Elizabeth Cameron registered 41 assists and 16 digs for the Beavers, who hit a season-low .156 percent in the loss.
• Puccio is averaging 3.70 kills per set, first-year Jordan Lapins is contributing 2.28 kills, and classmate Laura Zuloaga (2.26 k/s) is hitting a blistering .435 over the last seven matches.
• Cameron is dishing out 9.49 assists per set, while sophomore Maddie Malee recorded a career-high 27 digs in Tuesday's loss and is averaging 3.79 per set on the year.
SOMETHING SPECIAL ABOUT STAAKE
• Despite dropping its first set since the 2017 NEWMAC playoffs last Saturday against Kean, the Green and White owns Division III's longest home winning streak at 25 matches.
• The Beavers have won 44 of their last 45 contests inside Staake Gymnasium and are 80-10 at home during head coach Eric Neely's nine-year tenure.
CAMERON EARNS LEAGUE HONOR
• Following a four-match stretch where she averaged 9.09 assists, 1.69 digs, 1.31 kills and 1.15 service aces per set, Cameron was selected as the NEWMAC Offensive Player of the Week on Monday.
• Entering Tuesday's contest she ranks first among conference setters in kills (1.29), aces (0.74) and blocks per set (0.65).
CLIMBING THE CHARTS
• With 19 kills on Tuesday night at Emerson, Puccio is now fifth on the program's all-time list with 898 for her career. She also needs just seven more to pass Lorraine Mackiewicz '17 for fourth place.
• Carosotto had two blocks on Tuesday and is now just five away from Krissy Robertson's '16 school record of 279.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have recorded at least 40 kills in eight consecutive matches and are averaging 13.37 kills per set during this run.