No. 24 Women's Volleyball vs. MIT
Tuesday, October 8 | 6 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 6-36 all-time against MIT in a series that dates back to 1982.
• The Beavers and Engineers have split their last 10 meetings since 2013, and the Green and White has won two of the last three matches against MIT inside Staake Gymnasium.
• Sophomore Allie Puccio finished with 17 kills and senior Elizabeth Cameron contributed 36 assists and 12 digs to help third-seeded Babson defeat second-seeded MIT in four sets (25-23, 15-25, 25-22, 25-18) on November 1, 2018, in Cambridge.
• Shannon Roseen '19 added 10 kills and junior Gaby Miller led all players with six blocks for the Beavers.
• Abby Bertics put away a match-high 21 kills, while senior Alexis Groark chipped in with 16 kills to pace the Engineers.
SCOUTING THE ENGINEERS
• MIT (16-3, 5-0 NEWMAC) extended its winning streak to four with a three-set sweep of Husson on Saturday afternoon.
• Emily Condon and Shea Landeene combined for 18 kills and Sofie Kupiec dished out 34 assists for the Engineers, who hit .425 as a team in the victory.
• Groark (3.47 k/s) is hitting .262, sophomore Hannah Collins is averaging 2.38 kills per set, and Condon (2.05 k/s, 1.07 b/s) ranks first in the league in blocks and third with a .395 hitting percentage.
• Junior Andie Maloney leads the NEWMAC in assists per set (9.94) and senior Madison Lee is averaging a team-high 3.90 digs.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 24 Babson (16-1, 4-1 NEWMAC) has won its last five matches and is coming off a 3-0 victory over Vassar on Saturday.
• Puccio and first-year Laura Zuloaga both contributed eight kills and junior Cassidy Witten finished with season highs of seven aces and 15 digs for the Beavers.
• Puccio ranks third in the conference in kills per set (3.70) and his hitting .268, first-year Jordan Lapins is averaging 2.25 kills per set and Zuloago (2.23 k/s) boasts a .434 hitting percentage, which is good for second in the NEWMAC.
• Cameron ranks fourth in the league in assists per set (8.94), while sophomore Maddie Malee ranks fourth in digs per set (3.79).
HOME SWEET HOME
• Babson enters Tuesday's contest riding a 28-match winning streak at home.
• Overall the Beavers have won 47 of their last 48 matches inside Staake Gymnasium going back to October 2015. The setback loss during this stretch was a five-set loss to MIT back on October 3, 2017.
MAKING HISTORY ONE BLOCK AT A TIME
• Senior Kristin Carosotto enters Tuesday's match needing just two blocks to pass Krissy Robertson's '16 program record of 279.
RISING UP THE KILLS LIST
• With a combined 23 kills in Saturday's victories over Coast Guard and Vassar, Puccio is now third on Babson's all-time list with 946 career kills.
HITTING AND DEFENSE
• Entering Tuesday's match, the Green and White is the only Division III team in the country that ranks in the top 10 in both hitting percentage and opponents hitting percentage.
• Babson is hitting as a .257 clip as a team this fall, which is good for 10th nationally, while allowing its foes to hit just .081, which ranks eighth.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 16-0 this season when winning the first set.