No. 23 Women's Volleyball at Wheaton
Tuesday, October 15 | 7 p.m.
Emerson Gymnasium | Norton, Mass.
• Basbon is 17-32 all-time against Wheaton in a series that dates back to 1980.
• The Beavers have won nine of their last 12 matches against the Lyons but are just 2-2 in their last four trips to Norton.
• Each of Babson's last four victories in the series have come in three sets.
• Junior Allie Puccio put away 17 kills and senior Kristin Carosotto added nine kills and three blocks in the Beavers' three-set sweep (25-21, 25-21, 25-16) of Wheaton on October 9, 2018, in Babson Park.
• Senior Elizabeth Cameron dished out 37 assists for Babson, which hit .406 with 16 kills in the third set.
• Sophomore Adara Hamilton finished with eight kills and seven digs, while senior Nikita Selivan added six kills and seven digs for the Lyons.
SCOUTING THE LYONS
• Wheaton (14-8, 4-2 NEWMAC) rallied to defeat Simmons, 3-1, for its second consecutive win last Thursday.
• Junior Julia Palomba totaled 14 kills and 15 digs, while first-year Bailey Madryzk and junior Casey Dinga added 11 kills apiece for the Lyons, who hit .324 after dropping the first set 25-11.
• Palomba ranks fourth in the league in kills per set (3.58), Madrzyk is averaging 2.15 kills and Dinga (1.97 k/s) owns a team-best .275 hitting percentage.
• Senior Becca Houghton is dishing out 7.68 assists, while first-year Sophie Wilhelm is contributing a team-high 3.00 digs per set.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 23 Babson (19-1, 5-1 NEWMAC) has won eight straight matches and is coming off a 3-1 victory over Endicott on Saturday.
• Puccio tallied 13 kills, Carosotto added 11 kills and six blocks, and first-year Jordan Lapins chipped in with 11 kills and seven digs for the Beavers, who hit better than .200 for the sixth straight match.
• Puccio ranks third in the NEWMAC in kills per set (3.70), first-year Laura Zuloaga (2.33 k/s) ranks second in the conference with a .440 hitting percentage, and Carosotto (2.08 k/s, 0.81 b/s) ranks fourth in the league in blocks.
• Cameron ranks third in the NEWMAC averaging 9.38 assists, while sophomore Maddie Malee is contributing a team-high 3.75 digs per set.
ASSAULT ON THE RECORD BOOKS
• In addition to becoming the program's all-time blocks leader in Saturday's win over Brandeis, Carosotto also moved into 10th place on Babson's all-time list with 658 kills.
• Cameron, who already holds the two highest single-season assist totals in school history, is now just 208 away from Kathleen Lynch's '13 program mark of 3,631.
• Puccio needs just 17 more kills to join Meg Flaherty '12 and Mary Donahue '16 as the only players in Babson history to record over 1,000 in their careers.
• Head coach Eric Neely, who has won better than .700 of his matches in nine years at Babson, enters the week needing just three victories to reach 200 for his career.
TWO OF A KIND
• Babson and Johns Hopkins are the only two Division III programs that rank in the top 10 in both hitting percentage and opponents hitting percentage.
• The Green and White are hitting .260 on the year, which is good for ninth in the country, while holding its foes to the fifth lowest percentage (.084) in the nation.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 11-0 this season and 36-1 going back to the start of 2017 when recording at least 10 service aces.