No. 17 Women's Volleyball vs. Wentworth| vs. Bridgewater State
Saturday, October 26 | 1 p.m.
Staake Gymnasium | Babson Park, Mass.
• The 17th-ranked Babson women's volleyball team will step out of conference to host Wentworth and Bridgewater State in a tri-match on Saturday afternoon.
• The Beavers take on the Leopards at 1 p.m. and will conclude the day by facing the Bears at 5 p.m.
• The Beavers are 8-0 all-time against the Leopards although the teams have met just once since 2012.
• Babson defeated Wentworth in three sets (25-2, 25-16, 25-20) in 2017.
vs. Bridgewater State
• Babson is 4-8 all-time against the Bears in a series that dates back to 1988.
• The Beavers have not faced Bridgewater State since 2004.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• No. 17 Babson (24-1) has won 13 straight matches after dispatching Springfield in four sets on Tuesday night.
• Junior Allie Puccio totaled 14 kills and first-year Jordan Lapins and senior Kristin Carosotto added 11 and 10 kills, respectively, for the Beavers, who hit .432 in the fourth set.
• Puccio (3.65 k/s) is hitting .282, Lapins is averaging 2.54 kills and first-year Laura Zuloaga (2.32 k/s) leads Division III with a .444 hitting percentage.
• Senior Elizabeth Cameron is dishing out 9.60 assists per set, while sophomore Maddie Malee is contributing 3.34 digs per set.
SCOUITING THE LEOPARDS
• Wentworth (18-6) had its three-match winning streak stopped in a 3-0 loss at Endicott on Thursday night.
• Sophomore Jade Iadarola and senior Leah Rogoz both put away 11 kills for the Leopards, who were limited to a .122 hitting percentage in the match.
• Rogoz is averaging 3.41 kills and 3.65 digs per set, senior Claire Quick (3.15 k/s, 3.68 d/s) is hitting .273, and sophomore Mary Zlotosch is contributing 2.04 kills to go along with 37 total blocks.
• First-years Jordan Chapmanand Chaise Kakuk have combined to dish out 11.35 assists, while senior Lexi Cambray leads the team with a 4.30 digs per set average.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Bridgewater State (9-12) has won two straight matches and is coming off a 3-0 win over Mass. Maritime on Wednesday night.
• Junior Abigail Gardner led all players with 12 kills and classmate Casey Holmes finished with 26 assists, 12 digs and six aces for the Bears.
• Junior Sydney Rice (2.47 k/s, 0.46 b/s) is hitting .226, Gardner is averaging 2.07 kills and 2.61 digs, and junior Gabryella Serrano is contributing 1.73 kills and 2.91 digs per set.
• Holmes is doling out 6.42 assists, while first-year Victoria Caiano is averaging a team-high 3.30 digs per set.
HISTORY IN THE MAKING
• Cameron enters Saturday's tri-match needing just five assists to become Babson's all-time assists leader. Kathleen Lynch '13 is currently first with 3,631 career assists.
• The Beavers' 13-match winning streak is just one shy of the program's single-season record of 14 set back in 2014.
TWO OF A KIND
• Babson and Johns Hopkins are the only two Division III schools that enter the weekend ranked in the top 20 in both hitting percntage and opponent's hitting percentage.
• The Green and White ranks fifth nationally with a .264 hitting percentage, and is 17th nationally holding its foes to a .103 percentage.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers have won 28 straight home matches against non-conference foes, and are 43-1 since 2011 versus non-conference opponents since 2011.