Cross Country at the Jim Sheehan Memorial Invitational
Saturday, September 7 | 11:30 a.m. (W)/12:15 p.m. (M)
Doyle Conservation Center | Leominster, Mass.
• The Babson men's and women's cross country teams travel to Fitchburg State to compete in the Jim Sheehan Memorial Invitational for the first time on Saturday morning.
• The women will run a 5k race beginning at 10:30 a.m., while is followed by the men's 8k meet at 11:15 a.m.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson opened its season by competing in a dual meet at Wheaton last Friday.
• The men grabbed four of the top six spots on the individual leaderboard to edge the Lyons, 24-31, while the Beavers suffered a 19-44 setback in the women's half of the meet.
• Sophomore Collin Regan was the men's top performer with a time of 17:01 on the 5k course. Senior Samir Arora (17:46), first-year Gabriel Ortega (17:56) and sophomore Joseph Marwill (18:01) were separated by just 15 seconds on the way to finishing in fourth through sixth position.
• The Babson women were led by senior Stephanie Rodriguez, who placed second overall with a time of 12:29 in the two mile. Juniors Camille Lewis (13:41) and Caroline Winicki (13:50) came in 11th and 12th, respectively.
SCOUTING THE FIELD
• UMass Dartmouth, Western New England, Bridgewater State, Dean, the University of New England and Keene State will all compete alongside Babson and the host Falcons in both the men's and women's races.
• Mount Holyoke, which finished third last season, and Simmons are also set to participate in the women's meet.
• UMass Dartmouth placed four runners in the top 13 to edge Fitchburg State by 24 points in last year's men's race.
• Five men's harries finished the 8k course in under 27 minutes last fall, while five runners broke 20 minutes on the 5k women's course.
• The Babson women posted their best finish (7th) and lowest point total (197) since 2011 at last year's conference championship.
• The Babson men are coming off a 19th-place result at the NCAA New England Championship and have posted three straight top-20 finishes for the first time in school history.
• The Beavers will host an alumni race on September 21 as part of Babson To Babson Weekend. The Green and White's next competitive meet comes on October 5 at Keene State.