Men's Swimming & Diving vs. Springfield
Sunday, November 10 | 1 p.m.
Morse Pool | Babson Park, Mass.
• The Babson men's & women's swimming teams are set for a busy weekend of competition beginning on Saturday. The Beavers travel north to face Regis and Norwich in a double dual meet before the men's squad returns to Morse Pool for its home opener against Springfield on Sunday afternoon.
• The Babson men will compete against the Pride for the 20th consecutive season on Sunday.
• The Beavers are 6-13 in dual meet action against Springfield but have won three consecutive meets between the programs.
• The Green and White won 11 of 14 swimming events on the way to beating the Pride 164-130 on November 11, 2018, in Springfield.
• Junior Alex Damiecki (100 butterfly, 100 breaststroke) and sophomore Aaron Huynh (100 free, 200 free) were two of three Babson swimmers to win a pair of events.
• The duo also paired with junior Lachlan Dibbayawan and Ethan Yoo to finish first in the 200 medley relay and 200 free relay.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• The Babson men (3-0) stayed unbeaten with a sweep of WPI (154-117) and Brandeis (142.50-119.50) last Friday night.
• The Green and White won 11 events, highlighted by Damiecki (50 butterfly, 100 butterfly) and first-year Alvin Oentoro (500 free, 1000 free) recording two first-place finishes apiece, and rookie Charles Wang setting a program record in the 100 backstroke.
• The Pride (0-1) dropped its opening dual meet of the season against Coast Guard, 180-107, back on October 26.
• First-year James Chan won the 200 free and 100 butterfly, while Luca Brashear was victorious in both diving events for Springfield.
• In addition to Sunday's dual meet against the Beavers, the Pride will host MIT and Trinity (Texas) in a double dual meet on Saturday.
REAPING THE REWARDS
• Following last Friday's success at WPI, the Babson swimming & diving teams had eight athletes recognized by the NEWMAC on Monday.
• Wang was tabbed as the men's swimmer of the week and joined Damiecki, Huynh and Dibbayawan on the men's relay team of the week for their victory in the 400 medley relay.
• On the women's side, Cox, Voce, sophomore Elizabeth Demoine and first-year Lindsay Nowak were chosen as the league's relay team of the week for their win the 400 medley event.
• The Green and White is set to host Clark next Saturday at 2 p.m. inside Morse Pool.