Women's Soccer vs. Coast Guard
Saturday, October 12 | 2 p.m.
Hartwell-Rogers Field | Babson Park, Mass.
• Babson is 15-2-2 all-time against Coast Guard in a series that dates back to 2000.
• The Beavers had been unbeaten in 13 straight matches against the Bears prior to last season's loss in New London.
• Babson had kept seven consecutive clean sheets in the series and allowed just four goals going back to 2003 before conceding four to Coast Guard last season.
• Sophomores Kylee Ballard and Felicia Lombardi and first-year Brielle Pearce all scored in the second half as Coast Guard defeated Babson, 4-3, on October 6, 2018, in New London, Conn.
• Jessica Fernandes '19 scored twice in the span of 3:04 around halftime to give the Beavers a 2-1 lead. Senior Maya King and sophomore Alexis Fortune both finished with an assist for the Green and White.
• Claire Hurley recorded a goal and an assist for the Bears, who scored their first win over Babson since 2004.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
• Coast Guard (6-6-0, 4-0-0) has won four consecutive games and is coming off a 1-0 victory at Mount Holyoke on Tuesday.
• Abby McGuire headed home the only goal of the match in the 64th minute for the Bears, who are off to their best start in conference play in program history.
• Hurley (6-5-17) is riding a four-game points streak, Pearce (5-3-13) has scored four goals in NEWMAC play, and Lombardi (2-1-5) is one of six players on the squad to record a game-winning marker this fall.
• First-year goalkeeper Sarah Schollenberger has gone 5-4-0 in 10 starts with a 1.75 goals against average, a .775 save percentage and two shutouts.
SCOUTING THE BEAVERS
• Babson (4-6-1, 0-2-1 NEWMAC) is looking to snap a five-game winless streak after suffering a 1-0 loss to Union on Wednesday.
• First-year goalkeeper Morgan Fedosiewich made eight saves for the Beavers, who lost for the first time in five home matches going back to early September.
• Senior Olivia West (4-0-8) and junior Addie Lalor (2-0-4) have accounted for six of Babson's eight goals, while senior Maggie McCabe leads the Green and White with three assists.
• Fedosiewich has started all 11 games for the Green and White posting a 0.89 goals against average and a .894 save percentage to go along with five clean sheets.
• West scored the first goal of her career in the Beavers' 2017 victory over Coast Guard, while King's assist in last season's loss to the Bears was the first of her career.
IN GOOD HANDS
• Fedosiewich enters the weekend ranked 26th in Division III in save percentage and also ranks 39th nationally with 84 saves.
• Among NEWMAC goalkeepers she ranks first in saves, third in save percentage and shutouts, and fifth in goals against average.
FIRST GOAL WINS?
• Babson has scored the opening goal in each of its four wins this fall, but has also fallen behind 1-0 in all six of its losses.
NUMBER TO KNOW
• The Beavers are 31-0-2 when leading at halftime dating back to September 2013.